When: September 27th from 9:30 am to noon.
Where: Lake Elizabeth off Sailway Drive by the Boat House
For all Cub Scouts and their families and friends.
This a Den or individual Scout activity.
No pre-registration is required – just come.
Earn a Scout Day Patch (a $1 fee). See the attached flyer.
Lots of parking – see the attached Cub Scout Games Map.
Only throwing, tossing, aiming, running, and jumping skills required – kids stuff!!!!
Eight fun filled events and activities that take about 45 minutes to complete.
Any questions contact Steve Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSA dues for 2015 (good for Scout membership for the entire year, even if you transfer units)
- Boy’s Life magazine subscription – monthly
- Pack 163 t-shirt
- Pack 163 dues (including book, scarf, slide for new rank after June)
- Deadline: due by November 1st
- Where: provide check to your den leader, at the Pack meeting, or arrange a drop-off/pick-up time.
- How much: $76 with checks payable to BSA Pack 163. Checks to be cashed at end of the month
This Saturday is our Scouting for Food Door Hanger/Flyer Drop Off. Please bring your Scout(s) and enjoy doing a good deed for others in the Bay Area!
Pack 163 will distribute food drive donation flyers Saturday to houses in the Brookvale neighborhood. These flyers talk about the program and invite residents to put out canned food items the following Saturday. Then, next Saturday we will pick up any food left out and take it to a local Scouting distribution center.
Scouting for Food is the largest community service food drive in the Bay Area involving Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, Sea Scouts, and Explorers and is part of Good Turn for America.
Good Turn for America is a national call to service by the Boy Scouts of America that will help provide adequate food and shelter and to develop good health habits in our nation. To address these issues, we are collaborating with some of the most respected service organizations working in each of these areas. These lead organizations, and thousands of other local groups, will work to provide volunteer opportunities for youth and adults to fight hunger, provide shelter, and teach the habits of healthy living.
The more participants we have, the quicker and more efficient we’ll be.
- November 9 – 9 am – Noonish at Brookvale School (Flyer distribution with Boy Scout Troop 143)
- November 16 – 9 am – Noonish at Brookvale School (Food pickup with Boy Scout Troop 449)
Photos from Last Year
Great to see so many Scouts and family members coming out to help even with the drizzle and rain.
- Cubmaster Chris Jackson Introduces Troop 154
- Group Photo
- “Anything Goes” Group Photo
- Sorting the Donations
- Thank you Brookvale Neighborhood for Donations
The October Pack Meeting was full of ghouls goblins and super heroes! A Pumpkin Line up, Costume Parade and a Dessert Raffle rounded out an eventful meeting.
The Webelos I & II dens worked on their Scientist Badge along with some Mad Scientists!
Due to last minute location snafus, the pack moved to an outdoor location for the First Pack Meeting of the year in September.
No hassles – the cubs and their parents took it in stride. A fun time was had by all at Central Park!
When: Sunday August 25th @ 11:00am – 2:00pm
Where: Los Cerritos Community Park – right next to Brookvale Elementary School
What: End of Summer BBQ
Who: Pack 163 and their families
Pack will supply hotdogs and lemonade. Bring a side dish to share.
This is a great recruiting time for our Pack, so any interested boys and their families are welcome.
Please RSVP with #attending to –> email@example.com